vendredi 13 mars 2009

Salvador, view from my room


Hotel Barroco is like a heaven, with an enormous mango tree in the garden, and bougainvillées coming over my window. It's tropical Eden, with yellow tiny birds I don't know. I try to speak with them as I do in Paris but they're shy here, or it's because I'm not used to portuguese, coming soon!
.
Meeting with the team of the Museu of Etnologia, in a sublime old building from eighteen century, a former Jesuite college, and Medicine Faculty, transformed in 2 museums: Museu Africa-Brasilero et Museu de Arqueiologia et Etnologia. The team of the Museum is so charming: the beauty Luciana, with nails of every color, and a chinese mauve umbrella to protect from the sun shows me the Museum and the rooms for the exhibition, she is specialized in ancient Perou, ancient Mexico, Nazca and Inca civilizations, and she realized the museu de Etnologia website, and after lunch on the main plaza Terreiro de Jesus, 20 meters from Museum, with Deborah, Karol and another woman from Museu. It's like paradise, I stay forever!
.
To have more time to prepare the show, the Director of the Museu decides to postpone it of one week , so new dates of exhibition are
31 st March till 23rd May

Aucun commentaire: